Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors
Page Count274 Pages
About the e-Book
Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors pdf
With an annual rate of more than 12 million global diagnoses and 7.6 million deaths, the societal and economic burden of cancer cannot be overstated. Brain metastases are the most common malignant tumors of the central nervous system, yet their incidence appears to be increasing in spite of the advancement of cancer therapies. While much is known about primary cancers (including primary brain tumors), less work has been done to uncover the roots of metastatic disease. Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors Volume 1 fills that gap, serving as the first reference to focus primarily on the link between primary cancers and brain metastases. This link is explored for the most common cancer types – lung, breast, and melanoma. Additionally, biological background as well as therapy for CNS metastases is addressed. Age and gender related trends are also discussed, as is the use of biomarkers for early detection.
- The only comprehensive reference detailing the link between primary cancers and brain metastases
- Aids the target audience in determining the incidence of brain metastases in patients with a primary cancer
- Provided education about the potential use of biomarkers for early detection, diagnosis and prevention of the spread of primary cancer to the brain
- Documents temporal and gender-related trends in brain metastases from other cancers
- Edited work with chapters authored by leaders in the field around the globe – the broadest, most expert coverage available
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors, Volume 2
Neurosurgical Operative Atlas: Spine and Peripheral Nerves