Drupal 8 Development Cookbook 2nd Edition
Page Count430 Pages
About the e-Book
Drupal 8 Development Cookbook 2nd Edition pdf
- Discover the enhanced content authoring experience that comes with Drupal 8 and how to customize it
- Take advantage of the broadened multilingual and tools of the new version to provide an internationalized website
- This step-by-step guide will show you how to deploy from development, staging, and production of a website with Drupal 8's brand new configuration management system
Began as a message board, Drupal today is open source software maintained and developed by a community of over 1,000,000 users and developers. Drupal is used by numerous local businesses to global corporations and diverse organizations all across the globe. With Drupal 8's exciting features it brings, this book will be your go-to guide to experimenting with all of these features through helpful recipes.
We'll start by showing you how to customize and configure the Drupal environment as per your requirements, as well as how to install third-party libraries and then use them in the Drupal environment. Then we will move on to creating blocks and custom modules with the help of libraries. We will show you how to use the latest mobile-first feature of Drupal 8, which will help you make your apps responsive across all the major platforms. This book will also show you how to incorporate multilingual facilities in your sites, use web services and third-party plugins with your applications from inside Drupal 8, and test and deploy your apps.
What you will learn
- Extend Drupal through contributed or custom modules and themes
- Develop an internationalized website with Drupal's multilingual tools
- Integrate third-party front-end and back-end libraries with Drupal
- Turn Drupal into a web services provider using REST
- Create a mobile-first responsive Drupal application
- Run SimpleTest and PHPUnit to test Drupal
- Understand the plugin system that powers many of Drupal 8's new APIs to extend its functionality
- Get to grips with the mechanics of the configuration management system and the ability to import and export site configuration
About the Author
Matt Glaman is a Senior Drupal Consultant at Commerce Guys and co-maintainer of Drupal Commerce. He is an open source developer who has been working with Drupal since 2013. Since then, he has contributed to over 60 community project.
Table of Contents
- Up and running with Drupal 8
- The Content Authoring Experience
- Displaying content through Views
- Extending Drupal - Deploying
- Front end for the win - Mobile First
- Creating forms with the Form API
- Plug and Play with Plugins
- Multilingual and Internationalization
- Configuration Management
- Entity API
- Off the Drupalicon Island
- Web services
- Drupal CLI
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Security utility for Linux server