Mastering Drupal 8 Views
Page Count272 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering Drupal 8 Views pdf
- A practical, step-by-step guide with illustrative examples to give you a clear understanding of Drupal 8 views
- Get the only book on the market that talks about Drupal 8 views and their importance for developers
- Get an understanding of how views work and how they help to create modular applications
Learn how to build complex displays of content?all without programming.
Views were used on more than 80% of all Drupal 7 sites; now they are part of the Drupal 8 core. While most site builders and site owners are aware of views, they don't understand how to take full advantage of their power to create many amazing pages and blocks. If they use views, they might build 10 different view displays with different filters, without knowing that a contextual filter would require only a single display.
Using our sample company, we'll take its existing content and evolve an ever more complex and powerful website for that company, starting with adapting the administration the user sees and moving on to making complex pages of information for site visitors.
While the book is written for Drupal 8, the similarities between Views in Drupal 7 and 8 make this a useful reference for Drupal 7 site builders also.
What you will learn
- Create displays of content that are automatically updated when you add new content
- Show maps and rotating image carousels on your site
- Combine content to create composite displays using the same data in different ways
- Use fields from more than one content type to create powerful views of multi-table data
- Modify the field data being displayed, combining it in different ways or changing the HTML that might be normally generated
- Add headers and footers above and below a views display
- Make the output of your view look exactly like the designer specifies
- Change the order in which a list of content is displayed, limit the content shown to only certain content types or values
- Filter content using values passed to the view in the URL, making a single view work different ways
About the Author
Gregg Marshall has been using Drupal since 2006. While he installed Drupal 5, his first production site was Drupal 6. He started his career as a software engineer, switched to sales/marketing in an unrelated industry, and drifted back to development. After attending DrupalCon 2010 in San Francisco, Gregg switched from channel marketing that used Drupal for microsites to being a full-time Drupal developer.
Gregg works as a consultant/contractor, frequently mentoring in-house development teams on Drupal best practices. His current contract is with WebNY, where he serves as the senior Drupal architect for the state of New York, helping build a single platform for all the state's websites.
Gregg is a speaker at Drupal Camps and is a professional speaker to 30+ associations and corporate meetings. He has over 400 published articles in a variety of publications. Gregg has a bachelor's degree in chemistry, a master's degree in electrical engineering, and a master's degree in business administration. He is an Acquia Certified Drupal Grand Master.
Table of Contents
- Up and Running with Views
- Views from Scratch
- Sorting and Filtering
- Contextual Filters
- Add-on Modules
- Field Rewrites
- Customizing Views
- Advanced View Settings
- Theming Views
- Content Types for a Sample Site
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Learning OpenStack High Availability
Hyper-V 2016 Best Practices