pytest Quick Start Guide
Page Count160 Pages
About the e-Book
pytest Quick Start Guide pdf
Learn the pytest way to write simple tests which can also be used to write complex tests
- Become proficient with pytest from day one by solving real-world testing problems
- Use pytest to write tests more efficiently
- Scale from simple to complex and functional testing
Python's standard unittest module is based on the xUnit family of frameworks, which has its origins in Smalltalk and Java, and tends to be verbose to use and not easily extensible.The pytest framework on the other hand is very simple to get started, but powerful enough to cover complex testing integration scenarios, being considered by many the true Pythonic approach to testing in Python.
In this book, you will learn how to get started right away and get the most out of pytest in your daily work?ow, exploring powerful mechanisms and plugins to facilitate many common testing tasks. You will also see how to use pytest in existing unittest-based test suites and will learn some tricks to make the jump to a pytest-style test suite quickly and easily.
What you will learn
- Write and run simple and complex tests
- Organize tests in fles and directories
- Find out how to be more productive on the command line
- Markers and how to skip, xfail and parametrize tests
- Explore fxtures and techniques to use them effectively, such as tmpdir, pytestconfg, and monkeypatch
- Convert unittest suites to pytest using little-known techniques
- Use third-party plugins
Who this book is for
This book is for Python programmers that want to learn more about testing. This book is also for QA testers, and those who already benefit from programming with tests daily but want to improve their existing testing tools.
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Brain Tumors in Children
Problem Solving in Data Structures & Algorithms Using Java